OTP not filled in for na.myconnectwise.net

When logging into na.myconnectwise.net, my autofill does not fill in the OTP anymore (It used to, but something changed a month or so ago).

Window shown below:

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro, v. 2004 (19041.508)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @voxelsprite ,
    The information under your message here shows you have the "1Password extension (desktop app required)" version 4.7.5.90

Could it be that you were previously using 1Password X, which autofills one time passwords automatically? Please try installing 1Password X in your browser, then see if it does autofill that 2FA code: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/

If you've never used 1Password X before, please elaborate on how the process used to work in the past and what exactly has changed. As far as I recall, the 1Password extension did not autofill one time passcodes but instead it copied them to your clipboard so you can paste them. Only 1Password X automatically fills in 2FA codes.

• voxelsprite
    voxelsprite
    Community Member
    edited October 2020

Hey AG, thanks for getting back to me. I have not used 1Password X before, and I am aware of the differences.

In regards to the behavior before, I have the autofill keybind set to CTRL+ALT+X, which autofills usernames and passwords. This works very well 99% of the time. Now, on every single other website besides ConnectWise, I am able to press that keybind once to get the username and password in, click enter, and when the OTP prompt comes up, I press CTRL+ALT+X again and it autofills the OTP. I've done this on ConnectWise Control, I've done this on app.ninjarmm.com, I've done this on mysonicwall.com, and pretty much every other website that uses a OTP. na.myconnectwise.net is the only one that hasn't worked.

It does copy to my clipboard as well, but that's an extra step for me. Not the worst thing in the world but it was nice having it consistent across the board under one keybind.

Hope this clears up things for you!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @voxelsprite .
    That indeed clarifies the situation better!

We are constantly updating and improving 1Password's autofilling abilities, and it sounds like one of the latest updates changed how autofilling works on this particular 2FA field on na.myconnectwise.net.

Is there a way for us to open a demo account to test 2FA autofilling there? If not, we'll need you to install 1Password X so you can collect the page's details for us, which I'll explain how if there's no way for us to access that 2FA field.

• voxelsprite
    voxelsprite
    Community Member

Unfortunately this is for work and I do not have control over making a test account. Could you explain the process for collecting the page detail usong the 1P X extension?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Sure thing @voxelsprite ,
    Here are the steps.

1. Install 1Password X beta in Chrome.
    2. Right-click the 1Password X extension icon on the top-right corner of your browser and select "Manage Extensions".
    3. Turn on the "Developer Mode" toggle on the top right side of the page.
    4. In the center of the page where you see the extension's details, click the "Background Page" link.
    5. A new window will open. Select the "Console" tab at its top, then click the bottom part of the console so you can write in it.
    6. Type in the following and hit Enter afterwards: localStorage.setItem("devtools", "Y")
    7. Close Chrome completely, then relaunch it and unlock 1Password X. Now, when you right-click the 1Password X icon on the top right corner, you should see a new menu option called "Developer Tools", which contains the "Collect Page Details" option.
    8. Get to the 2FA field on the website that isn't autofilling, right click the 1Password X icon on the top right corner and select "Developer Tools" -> "Collect page details". Copy the entire page details into a text document and send it over to support+extensions@1password.com with a short description of the issue and a link to this forum discussion.

Also, while you're with 1Password X, please test and see if the 2FA field is automatically being autofilled after you autofill your username and password with it, and report back if it worked as it should or if 1Password X is also having an issue with that 2FA field.

This discussion has been closed.