Safe to Unlink to Dropbox / Vault Still on Mac?

Options

I use 1password Version 6 and have my personal vault along with some vaults with my a friend that sync with Dropbox.
My question is
1) Are there copies of shared vaults (currently syncing on Dropbox) on my Mac HD?
2) If yes, is it then safe to unlink from dropbox without using the contents of the aforementioned Shared Dropbox Vault?

Basically, is there a copy of EVERY vault on my Mac HD? of if it is a Dropbox Synced Vault, is the data ONLY stored on Dropbox ?

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dzkimbr
    dzkimbr
    Community Member
    edited October 2020
    Options

I have personal vaults and a couple of shared vaults that sync through Dropbox.

1). Are their copies of the shared vaults (that also sync through Dropbox) on my HD?
    2). If, yes, so is it safe to disconnect from Dropbox without using the shared vaults data?

1Password Version: 6.8.8
    Extension Version: 4.7.4
    OS Version: OSX 10.13.4
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dzkimbr

1Password for Mac doesn't "talk" with Dropbox.com at all. It reads the information Dropbox has synced to the Dropbox folder on your hard drive. :) So, yes, as long as whatever steps you are taking don't cause the Dropbox app to delete the files from the Dropbox folder on your computer, 1Password will continue to sync with them, even if the Dropox app isn't then syncing those changes to the Dropbox.com service.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.