Secure notes disappear after creation

Options
nickoneill
nickoneill
Community Member

Creating new secure notes on iOS 14 doesn't save them.

Click "secure notes", then the + button at the top right to create a new note. Add a title and note. Click "done". You're taken to that saved note page with proper created / modified dates at the bottom. Navigating back from this note, it does not appear on the secure note list page and searching for it does not reveal the note. There's no way to get back to this note, it's never synced to other devices and does not appear on the list after relaunching 1password.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @nickoneill

What is your 'vault for saving' in 1Password > Settings > Vaults > All Vaults set to? Is it the same vault you're viewing when trying to find the Secure Note?

Ben

• nickoneill
    nickoneill
    Community Member
    Options

I have "all vaults" selected @Ben. But you're correct: when I view ONLY the primary vault (an iCloud vault, not associated with my 1password subscription) I can see these created notes in the primary vault.

Glad I didn't lose any data, but still confused why these aren't showing under all vaults.

• Ben
    Options

Is the Primary vault turned on in All Vaults?

Also, for what it's worth, we generally would recommend using a Primary vault (or any standalone vaults) in conjunction with a membership. This can and often does lead to confusion regarding the Master Password. Is there a reason to continue using the Primary vault?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.