App not working but I can connect via mini

Options

I have a legacy license. Just this morning I noticed that while the mini was viewable in finder it was not in while in chrome. Extension was current. I apparently made the mistake of updating to the beta 7, when I realized that it was a 1 month trial I disabled and reinstalled 6. Now the mini allows me to access my vaults but the app does not. I enter my password and it hangs. The app is in the application folder. Both the mini and the app appear to be current. I have restarted the MacBook multiple times. Help me obiwan kenobe.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dajhnsn

It may help to reinstall 1Password. Please try these instructions:

1. Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    2. Drag any copies of the 1Password application to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    3. Empty the Trash
    4. Restart your Mac
    5. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac [1Password 6 is at the bottom]
    6. Open 1Password
    7. Verify that you're able to use the extension in Chrome to fill logins

Let me know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• dajhnsn
    dajhnsn
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately it still hangs. I can use the mini and access vaults. Might have to break down and pay a monthly fee for the 7. wah.

• Ben
    Options

If you'd like to discuss the options we'd be happy to help. Please reach out at support@1password.com. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.