Help Files for 1Password 6

Options
toxalot
toxalot
Community Member
edited October 2020 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Are there help files for 1Password 6 for Mac? I'm using 1Password 7 for Windows and trying to help a colleague remotely to get setup on an older Mac. We figured out how to install version 6 for them, but their screen is different enough from mine that I can't even tell them how to edit an item. I've looked at the Mac help files, but the screenshots look different from what I am seeing on their screen shares.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @toxalot

We only maintain documentation for the current version of 1Password. There is not specific documentation available for v6; sorry. It may help to use the Wayback Machine to look at our support.1password.com website from a time when v6 was current (early 2018).

Wayback Machine

Ben

• toxalot
    toxalot
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben ~ Unfortunately, even the screenshots from Jan 1, 2018 on Wayback Machine look the same as they do now. And the text really doesn't tell you where to look for buttons. It would be nice to be able to download legacy help files with the legacy app versions.

I did manage to figure out how to help them when I realized their screen looked very much like a vault does on the website. The main issue was that the old version has the add and edit buttons at the bottom. They were so small in the screen share that I didn't notice them. Same with the button to change field type. I was looking for it right next to the field and not on the far right.

Anyway, I think we've got things figured out now. And maybe my notes above will help someone else.

• Ben
    Options

Very good; thanks @toxalot!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.