bug: struggling with typing password on External Monitor, cursor disappears!

rsalimian
rsalimian
Community Member
edited October 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

**Observed: **

I have my MacBook Pro connected to two external monitors. when I try to login to 1Password with Chrome Extension on the External Monitors the cursor at Password Input seems to be stuck and disappears after few seconds. I still can type in password and login successfully but a lot of times I forgot how many characters I've typed so I have to hit backspace to make sure it was cleared and type it again.

I don't have this issue when I have one external monitor connected to my MacBook Pro.

Browser Extension: Chrome
macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017)
Graphics Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB

Comments

• Hi @rsalimian

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty. That might be a little difficult to reproduce. I don't have a way to connect more than one external monitor to my MacBook. I'll be happy to check with the team to see if anyone else has that capability, though. Before we go there: could you please clarify which 1Password extension you have installed in Chrome? Is it 1Password X, or the 1Password extension (desktop app required)? Which version? Also, does it seem to make any difference which monitor Chrome is on, or does it happen with any of them?

Thanks!

Ben

• rsalimian
    rsalimian
    Community Member

it's 1Password X. I know it's not easy to reproduce.

more details that might be helpful:

• works fine for MacBook Pro itself on Chrome when two external Monitors are connected.
    • works fine on Firefox Developer Edition 83.0b2 (64-bit), 1 Password-X 1.22.2
    • works fine on Safari Version 14.0 (15610.1.28.1.9, 15610), 1 Password 7.6
  • kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @rsalimian! I appreciate you sharing all these details with me. It sounds like you may be running into a Chrome bug.

There's currently a bug in Chromium that causes some lag in extensions that have pop-ups while using an external display. If you're curious about the issue, you can check it out here: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=971701

We've done what we can to help the Chromium team which included making a barebones extension with only a text field in a pop-up just to see if it happened there to. It did, so now we're in a bit of a bind waiting for Chromium to get the issue resolved. I'm sorry I don't have a better solution in the meantime, but the good news is that your Master Password is being typed even though you can't see it. Typing your Master Password and pressing enter allows you to sign in or you can always move the browser window over to your primary display on your MacBook Pro.

This discussion has been closed.