Android App for 1Password.

Xavura
edited December 1969 in Lounge
Please please please make an Android App for 1Password.

:grin:

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Xavura wrote:
    Please please please make an Android App for 1Password.

:grin:

Welcome to the forums, Xavura!

So, you're starting out with a poll... I see you're not really giving a lot of choices there either: they both seem to be "Yes, please". :)

We know there are a lot of users who, for whatever reason, prefer Android-based phones.

As you may know, our focus for mobile development has been on Apple's iOS. Given our druthers, of course, we'd support every popular platform, but we just don't have the resources to do that. This doesn't mean we're shutting the door on the other mobile platforms out there, but (to keep expectations realistic) it does mean that Apple's iOS is where active mobile development is currently taking place.

We may still have a solution for you though. If you use Dropbox to store and sync your 1Password data file, you don't even have to manually sync your data to your Android device.

The Dropbox team recently changed their Android application so that you can use 1PasswordAnywhere. 1PasswordAnywhere is our secure web application that automatically updates itself as you use 1Password on your Mac, so that you always have the most recent version of your data on the go. You can read more about 1PasswordAnywhere here:

http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/1passwordanywhere.html

All you have to do is select the option to use the Dropbox HTML viewer instead of the regular one when you open 1Password.html from within the Dropbox application. The beauty of this solution is that there's nothing to sync and nothing to manage. We've had reports that this solution works well. It's not a full native application, but it does mean you have access to your 1Password data anywhere you go with your Android device.
  • Ben
    Ben
    edited December 1969
    I just want to point out I find the poll results ironic. lol.

I'd like to see an Android version, even though I'm an iPhone user myself. :)
  • dteare
    edited December 1969
    I don't want to give too much away but you should check back here later this week. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. :D
  • talikan
    edited December 1969
    I see a beta of 1Password in the Android Marketplace already. Is it really from you guys, or is someone trying to scam folks?
  • MikeT
    edited December 1969
    talikan wrote:
    I see a beta of 1Password in the Android Marketplace already. Is it really from you guys, or is someone trying to scam folks?

Hi, welcome to the forums.

We are aware of this but we are not in place to comment on this right now. Please do not be alarmed right now. We'll let you guys know as soon as possible
  • Iria
    edited December 1969
    MikhailT wrote:
    Hi, welcome to the forums.

We are aware of this but we are not in place to comment on this right now. Please do not be alarmed right now. We'll let you guys know as soon as possible

Huh? Alarmed? AppBrain says you are the developer. http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.onepassword.passwordmanager
  • dteare
    edited December 1969
    Iria wrote:
    Huh? Alarmed? AppBrain says you are the developer. http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.onepassword.passwordmanager

Yes, we are the developer. Mike was just being coy because we have not officially announced this yet. I plan on creating an Android forum and a Getting Started post today.
  • dteare
    edited September 2010
    As promised we have something big to announce today! :)

1Password for Android is here! (clap)(party)

Please see this thread for screenshots and setup instructions.
  • dteare wrote:

As promised we have something big to announce today! :)

1Password for Android is here! (clap)(party)

Please see this thread for screenshots and setup instructions.

Yay congrats! Can't wait till I get my Droid :)
This discussion has been closed.