Disable 1PasswordX (Chrome) on specific domain (localhost:3000)

Options

I do web dev. It's sometimes annoying to have the 1password show up when testing inputs or stuff like that. It's annoying to turn it off every time especially when I may need it to sign in to pages while working.

Is there a way to disable 1PasswordX on a specific domain? A quick google search didn't help much (old or not quite relevant threads). I swear I saw an option to do this before but maybe it was a different version or something.

Thanks for your help!

I'm using Chrome Version 86.0.4240.111 (Official Build) (64-bit) btw

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: 1.22.1
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro v.1909 build 18363.1139
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @SG_bun,

Currently, there is no option to permanently disable 1Password X on a domain. You can hide 1Password from working on a website temporarily by selecting the "Hide on this page" option from the inline menu but it only works until you restart your browser.

That being said, instead of disabling 1Password X, I recommend you to disable the inline menu from appearing under input fields. To do that, please right click on the 1Password X icon => Settings => Scroll down to "Autofill" => Turn off "Show autofill menu on field focus". You can also disable the inline icon and use the 1Password X icon from the browser toolbar to save and fill for you if you want.

• SG_bun
    SG_bun
    Community Member
    Options

I had the "Show autofill menu on field focus" option turned off already but I'm very glad that it is an option.

Just in case anyone is wondering, the option to turn off the inline icon is under Settings => Autofill => "Offer to fill and save passwords"

I had avoided that just because having it pop up asking to save new logins is nice but oh well. Thanks for your quick reply!

• You are very welcome and I am happy to hear that turning off the inline icon helps. Please feel free to give me a shout if you need anything and have a great week.

This discussion has been closed.