1P cant verify that _______ should have access to your _______ login. Do you want to fill it anyway?

Options
jmjm
jmjm
Community Member

I sometimes see this when creating a login for a site using 1P(X) via the desktop and then trying to log in on my phone via the mobile site. Can I assume that this warning message is (very) often kind of like a "false positive' in that many times it is just fine to use log into the mobile site using the 1P login created on the desktop?

1Password Version: 7.7.1
Extension Version: 1PX 1221
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @jmjm.

When filling into an app, 1Password doesn't know off the bat what Login goes with that app. So the first time you fill into a given app, you'll need to search for the correct Login, and then 1Password will ask you to verify that said app should have access to said Login. After you fill it, 1Password creates a link in the Login to the app, and it offers that Login the next time you fill.

It sounds like you're seeing this prompt when filling into websites, though, which shouldn't happen. When filling into sites, we match the URL saved in the Login to the website you're currently on. Can you confirm that you're seeing this on websites and not apps? If so, can you try closing and reopening your browser?

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @peri, I would imagine the issue is arising as I originally saved the login for the website in question but then needed to login to the corresponding mobile app (Instagram).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jmjm:

That's correct :)

This discussion has been closed.