Please allow to retry FaceID after 1st attempt fails

3mail48
3mail48
Community Member

Right now you get only 1 try to unlock with FaceID and then if that fails it requires entering your master password.

I'm suggesting to allow 1 or more retries for me and the many other people wearing masks that don't always remember to move the mask BEFORE opening 1Password and therefore end up having to type out their full master password more than necessary.

I have noticed this behavior when opening the 1password app directly or when using the autoFill feature from a different app.

Thanks for all the hard work and quality updates!

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:faceID

Comments

• @3mail48

You should see the option for trying Face ID a second time. Do you not see this behavior? You should also see a Face ID icon under the Master Password field. If you tap it, does it allow you to prompt for Face ID again?

• 3mail48
    3mail48
    Community Member

I see the option to try again when I’m not wearing a mask but if I try while wearing a mask I don’t see that - the only option is to enter master password as if I had exceeded the limit.

• 3mail48
    3mail48
    Community Member

Please someone try this while wearing a mask and see for yourself. It might be an issue with FaceID itself I don’t know.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2020

Hi @3mail48

This appears to be a function of Face ID itself. 1Password doesn't have any logic built-in regarding masks.

Update Your iPhone for Face ID Mask Detection in iOS 13.5

(3rd party website: howtogeek.com)

Ben

• 3mail48
    3mail48
    Community Member

Thanks for the link. I’m on iOS 13.7 so I already have this update and my suspicion is correct. FaceID is detecting that I’m wearing a mask and then not letting me try again. It speeds up lock screen unlock but has the side effect of not letting you try FaceID beyond the first try in 1password.

• You're welcome. :)

Ben

• 3mail48
    3mail48
    Community Member

This appears to be a function of Face ID itself. 1Password doesn't have any logic built-in regarding masks.

Ben, can you bring this up with your team and see if this can be improved somehow? I know I'm not the only one annoyed by this.

• @3mail48

I don't believe we have any ability to customize how Face ID behaves in this regard, but I will confirm that with the team. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.