Any plans for builtin a wysiwyg editor / Inline Office / Open Office editor

ryan99alero
ryan99alero
Community Member

I know 1P is a password storage program that dabbles a little in other area's. Use case for me is IT admin. We have several excel files that have information about networks, Devices, Rack location, punch location and all kinds of other data you don't want on a network shared volume. We have to often edit this info as things change. It's kinda a convoluted mess trying to constantly download and edit a file then upload back for me anyway. We sometimes use Office 365 file links but issue is when someone either leaves or is let go the links get broken than you got to go back and find them and fix the link. It would be nice if there was a cleaner way of doing this. Be it even a editable table function inside 1P notes. So you can copy and paste your excel data into a text table in 1P. Then edit it from there. That or some form of secured integration with a file share storage solution. Then that brings in security issues as well for others I'm sure. Guess I'm just curious how others are handling this when you have let's say 20 collaborators whom all add content.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 7.6
OS Version: Big Sur
Sync Type: 1P Cloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ryan99alero!

1Password is a password manager first and foremost, so that's what it does best, and we currently don't have plans to extend its functionality like this. For office editing, the best way is to use an external tool at the moment, but perhaps we could explore the possibility to improve markdown support, and handle tables as well directly in secure notes. I will pass your feedback to the developers ;)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#219

This discussion has been closed.