Attaching images..

Options
EarlGrey
EarlGrey
Community Member
edited October 2020 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I recently thought it would be a good idea to keep a record of our family medical histories on 1P ie vaccinations/operations/medications etc, that's been fine, but then recently my husband had an insect bite which became quite swollen. I took a photo of it for the doctor but then thought it might be useful to keep such dramatic evidence of medical matters on the 1P entry.

I've never found it easy attaching an image, I can't manage it from anywhere but my iPhone, but although I can view the image on my iPhone, on my PC all it wants to do is download it... but it's already ON my PC! I downloaded the first time I "opened" it (to the 1P folder that was created when I first downloaded 1P). Closed 1P (desktop app), reopened it again went to view the image and it wants me to download it again!

What am I doing wrong?! Do I just have expectations that 1P cannot meet in this instance?!

TIA

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: 1.22.1
OS Version: Windows10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @EarlGrey,

Thank you for getting in touch! Sorry for this inconvenience with documents in 1Password for Windows.

The current version of 1Password 7 for Windows supports JPG, PNG, GIF, and BMP image previews, if they are smaller than 1MB. If your images are larger than 1MB in size, 1Password 7 for Windows will not show you a preview and you will need to save it to your computer first, then open it from there.

I understand that this is confusing, because 1Password doesn't have such limitations on other platforms, and I apologise for this confusion.

Could you please take a look at your saved images and tell me if my hunch is correct here? Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• EarlGrey
    EarlGrey
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, the jpg is 1.53MB, so that would fit with your theory. I can open the images perfectly well on my iPhone app, and I've just checked the web-based view and in fact, it opens there too, it's just the Desktop app that it doesn't if that helps you! :)

Anyway, at least I know it isn't me and I have discovered about it showing on the website, which is the view my husband uses most, so that's something! Thank you for your help.

R

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @EarlGrey,

You are very welcome! :) It does sound like you bumped into this limitation in 1Password 7 for Windows, sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, we are always ready to help you with 1Password.

Cheers,
    Greg

• EarlGrey
    EarlGrey
    Community Member
    Options

No, I think you have solved the problem, at least with an explanation, of course, if you can solve the "inadequacies" of 1P, that would be even better..!! ;)
    R

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.