“Always open to” feature is too aggressive

chris333
chris333
Community Member

1PW 7.7 on iOS 14.1

Background:
I have a vault called Archive. It is not included in my All Vaults view.

With the setting: Always open to All Vaults
1. Manually navigate to my Archive vault. Open a Login item
2. Task switch to another app, say, Safari.
3. Immediately task switch back to 1PW. My item is closed and I’m returned to All Vaults view

I found the workaround to use Always open to Last Used Vault, but it seemed like a bug until I changed that setting. Task switch is not the same as opening 1PW in my view

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chris333!

I was not able to reproduce this issue here: if I select an item in a different vault, switch to another app, and switch back to 1Password, I am not sent back to All Vaults, I remain in the selected vault. Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Do you see the same behavior now?

• chris333
    chris333
    Community Member

@ag_ana Are we talking about the same app? I’m on an iPhone. I tried restarting the phone. The behavior is reliably reproducible for me.

Other settings for me are: Lock on exit == off. Auto lock == 2 min. Face ID == on

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@chris333:

For some reason I thought that you were referring to 1Password for Mac, my bad :)

I have tested this in 1Password for iOS as well, and things are working well for me there too. Would you be able to perhaps take a short screen recording of this happening on your device, and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com? It might be useful to see exactly what steps you are following to trigger this, because following the three steps you mentioned in your original post always brings me back to the previously selected login item.

This discussion has been closed.