Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search: find vault

Comments

• georgelamperti
    georgelamperti
    Community Member

How do I restore 1Password from a backup file?

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Windows 10
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:all password disappeared in windows version of 1Password 4

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @georgelamperti! Welcome to the forum!

What happened since the last time you launched 1Password, and the vault was there? Did you update something for example, or performed any action inside the 1Password app?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@georgelamperti:

I have just seen your second discussion, so I have merged it into your existing discussion so we have everything in one place :+1:

If you want to restore a standalone vault in 1Password for Windows from a backup, you can do it following these instructions:

You can also create and restore backups of standalone vaults

• georgelamperti
    georgelamperti
    Community Member

Nothing updated. 1Password showed 123 password files, but nothing in the accounts window.
    I have been searching and finally found the Backup files, there is one for every day.
    I am concerned about my next move.

Ok I went to the link,
    located the 10/20/2020 AGILEKEYCHAIN_ZIP file
    right clicked on the file.
    There was no option to "Extract All"
    What is wrong or what do I do next?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@georgelamperti:

1Password showed 123 password files, but nothing in the accounts window.

Can you please clarify this? Do you see 123 password files? If you could also post a screenshot of the accounts window, it would be very helpful to understand where you are looking at.

There was no option to "Extract All"

I am not a big Windows user, but I thought Windows 10 came with zip file support out of the box. What do you see when you right-click on the zip file? Can you maybe post a screenshot of the menu that appears too?

• georgelamperti
    georgelamperti
    Community Member

Nothing updated. 1Password showed 123 password files, but nothing in the accounts window.
    I have been searching and finally found the Backup files, there is one for every day.

• georgelamperti
    georgelamperti
    Community Member

I no longer see the 123 files.
    Below is the screenshot when I right click on the zip file.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020219/uploads/editor/yc/o0qpwh1qd6xk.png

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@georgelamperti:

Thank you for the screenshot! If the option to unzip the file is not available in the menu, you could try either double clicking on the zip file to open it directly that way, or selecting the Open with option in your screenshot. If you have a program to open zip files installed on your machine, you will be able to select it from the list.

• georgelamperti
    georgelamperti
    Community Member

This is getting more difficult.
    I downloaded and installed the evaluation version of WinZip. When I opened WinZip and selected the file in the 1Password.opvault file, WinZip did not show the files in any of the zipped backup files. Instead I get a message File Association Helper: Unable to fine software to open this file" 1Password 2020-10-20.....
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5020219/uploads/editor/m2/n2dipi2re5s3.png

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@georgelamperti:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your PC and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at your current configuration.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• georgelamperti
    georgelamperti
    Community Member

Somehow, I restored my 1Password vault and am back in business. This incident indicated to me that I need to upgrade to the latest version and add a Family plan. Thank you, you can close out this ticket.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@georgelamperti:

Somehow, I restored my 1Password vault and am back in business. This incident indicated to me that I need to upgrade to the latest version and add a Family plan. Thank you, you can close out this ticket.

Thank you for the update, I am glad to hear that you are back in business! And sounds like a plan :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.