Unable to use FaceID on new iPad Pro 12.9

Options
tonyjg
tonyjg
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to set up a new iPad Pro. Initially I followed the Apple on screen instructions and used the old iPad Pro to transfer the set up data. This worked after a fashion but I am now going through trying to manually resolve the issues created - the key issue here being that FaceID does not work in 1Password, even though FaceID works fine most of the time on the iPad.

Looking through settings on the iPad and the iPhone (where FaceID works fine) I can see that there are some major differences, the chief one being that FaceID is not available in the iPad screen under security. The 4 files attached show the iPad and iPhone setting screens for Security and advanced sections.

On the iPhone under “Security - Lock on Exit & Auto-Lock” settings is a setting to switch on FaceID, but on the iPad this setting is replaced by PIN Code. Under the Advanced setting screen the iPhone has a section for “Security” but this is missing from the iPad.

There is an article on this issue in the Knowledgebase but this only tells you how to turn on FaceID, not what to do when the activation switch is not present.

When I use 1Password I have no other option than to use the Master Password each time. I also find that the settings screen when open will shut down and go back to the logon screen after a few seconds.

Appreciate assistance on this issue.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IPadOS 14.01
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tonyjg!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you are already having this discussion with my colleague Tom via email, to avoid duplicating efforts by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and let you continue the conversation via email.

I have also sent Tom a link to this discussion so he can see your screenshots :+1:

Thank you for your patience!

ref: ZGY-49276-355

This discussion has been closed.