My Iphone does not find WLAN Server on my IMac for sync

I am using 1Password 6.8.9 and my Iphone does not find the WLAN Server any more to sync with my IMac

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My Iphone does not find WLAN Server on my IMac for sync

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @robu! Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately we don't have visibility into how your local network is configured, so our troubleshooting ability is a bit limited if you decide to sync your data using the WLAN server. We have however prepared a troubleshooting guide with some suggestions on how to address the most typical issues with this sync method:

If you’re having trouble using the WLAN server

Can you please give those a try and see if they help?

• robu
    robu
    Community Member

Thanks! I could solve the problem. BR

• robu
    robu
    Community Member

One Question: There is no update for 1Password Version 6.8.9, or? The new Version only works on a monthly payment basis and sync via central server, or? I do not really like my data to be on a central server... BR

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@robu:

Thank you for the update! It's great to hear that you managed to get this up and running again. For future reference, what was the issue?

One Question: There is no update for 1Password Version 6.8.9, or?

Correct, version 6.8.9 is the last version for 1Password 6, which we retired 2 years ago.

The new Version only works on a monthly payment basis and sync via central server, or? I do not really like my data to be on a central server... BR

We also offer standalone licenses for 1Password 7 if you prefer. We believe a Membership is the best option for most folks however, so that's our official recommendation. If you are curious to see how we handle security on 1Password.com, please see this page:

About the 1Password security model

Hopefully this will address your concerns :)

• robu
    robu
    Community Member

Thanks for your quick answer. Very much appreciated.

I do not find an option for a standalone licence of 1P7 on your internet page. Can you send my a link?!

Does 1P7 works locally like 1P6?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@robu:

I do not find an option for a standalone licence of 1P7 on your internet page. Can you send my a link?!

You can purchase a license for 1Password 7 directly within the 1Password 7 app. Simply download it from our website, install it and run it for the first time. You should see an option there to purchase a license for version 7 :+1:

Does 1P7 works locally like 1P6?

Yes, you can continue using local vaults in 1Password 7 too :)

This discussion has been closed.