2FA setup not working in v7.6.785 on Win10 Pro V2004 (19041.572) ?

As the title sugests, i am attempting to add 2FA to existing logins on 1Password v7.6.785 in Win 10.
None of the attempeted setups worked (attalasian.com, cloudflare, github).
This is not my first rodeo, i have 2FA setup for other services, and current services do provide valid 2FA codes, also using the same QR's on the phone i managed to setup the 2FA on GAuthenticator.
Simply in 1Password app on Win, the setup does not work, attempted screen capture, file and copying the alpha-numeric code for setup.
As i did not manage to find any relevant info, i thought i'd post here, maybe someone has a clue.

AT

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Win10 Pro V2004 (19041.572)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @alextoma84,

You should be able to use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication, as described in this article on our website:

To save your QR code in the apps (Windows)

Could you please specify the exact steps you take on your Windows PC and tell me when exactly does it fail? This info will be quite helpful. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• alextoma84
    alextoma84
    Community Member

Hi Greg,

First of all, I did manage to setup 2FA, but using the android app. Just as a note, the 2FA is working (providing the OTP).

The sites that were failing are cloudflare, GitHub and attalasian.
    During the attempts to setup on windows, I would select the login from the list of available 2fa, go to a new section, select OTP, select capture screen (with the authenticator setup page opened in a browser, in the background), the application attempted to capture screen, but nothing would happen (1password minimises, like a screen flash, application regains focus, 2fa is not setup)
    I also attempted with input of the setup code(the from clipboard option)
    I also attempted via file, snipping the code to a PNG and feeding it to the app.

Hoping it's helpful.

AT

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @alextoma84, thank you for the additional info!

I was able to reproduce the issue with CloudFlare. However, 1Password 7 for Windows worked just fine for my personal Bethesda account (scanned the QR code from my screen without any hiccups), so we will need to investigate why it doesn't work on some of the websites.

Right now, please try to set up 2FA for CloudFlare manually:

Copy the code that shows after you press this option, then paste it in the One-Time Password field of your CloudFlare account.

I believe that GitLab and Atlassian also have manual code options, so please let me know if it works there as well.

In the meantime, I will discuss this issue with our team. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• alextoma84
    alextoma84
    Community Member

Hi Greg,

Thanks, those steps are already attempted, and unfortunately it did not work. In any case I did manage to setup cloudflare and attalasian via the Android app on my phone, so testing no longer available. As for GitHub, I decided to remove the account.

If the issue is taken over by the support team, I guess this thread can be closed.

Thanks for all the help!

AT

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @alextoma84,

I was able to add 2FA code from CloudFlare to 1Password 7 for Windows by following the alternative steps. Could you please tell me what did you do exactly?

This will help me understand what is going on. Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.