Just for the understanding - open network locations

Dear all,

Could somebody of you explain what "Open network locations (FTP, SSH, SMB)" means in the Linux Beta release :chuffed:

I don't really get where I can use network drives on this version :unamused:

Thanks, ~lumarel

1Password Version: 0.9.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Fedora Workstation
Sync Type: my.1password.com

Comments

• edited October 2020

Same on my Debian Buster.

1password: 0.9.0-30138

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member

Hi guys,

It means that you can enter the network address in the website/URL field in your items and it'll know to open it in specific apps. For an example; add smb://hostname in your website field and it'll open the network address like this:

• lumarellumarel
    edited October 2020

Hey @MikeT,

Ouh that's nice! I had never thought about something like that (because drag-and-drop in windows happened) but if it can open a shell and fill in the password, that's awesome.
    I already know some people who will really love this, beside their own implementation of the cli client :lol:
    (as far as I know the smb in de Files application will be a problem, but that's the applications fault)

• edited October 2020

It would be great if we also had a way to control how the network location is opened, possibly specifying the command to launch the helper application

i.e. see Keepass URL overrides

screenshot from http://blog.bitcollectors.com/adam/2014/04/launching-rdp-keepass-2-x-auto-login/

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member

Hi guys,

@lumarel, we're not yet there in terms of filling. :)

@davide_cavestro, that's probably not something we plan to do (just defaulting to system's preferences) but depending on demand, we might consider it in the future.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file