Memorable password digits/digits and symbols as separators does not work?

Options
sammy_j
sammy_j
Community Member

1P7/Safari on Mac. Two issues with Digits/Digits and Symbols as separators for Memorable Password.

1. Click + -> Password and select the option for Words - does not show "Digits" and "Digits and Symbols" as options for separators. Doing "Generate Password" on the mini however gives these two as options, in addition to space, comma, period, hyphen etc. Why doesn't doing the same in the App (with + -> Password (or Login) provide me these two as separators as options, as the mini?

2. Further, let's say, I click on Generate Password on the mini and select Digits (or Digits and Symbols") as separator and save/cancel whatever. Then the subsequent + Password on the main App, will include the actual word "Digits" (or "Digits and Symbols") in the memorable password, even though hyphen is selected! (For eg, it would generate something like "CatDigitsDrankDigitsMilk" or "DogDigitsandSymbolsAteDigitsandSymbolsMyDigitsandSymbolsMyhomework".

Known bugs?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sammy_j!

Why doesn't doing the same in the App (with + -> Password (or Login) provide me these two as separators as options, as the mini?

I am seeing those two options in the password generator:

What version of the 1Password for Mac app are you running?

Further, let's say, I click on Generate Password on the mini and select Digits (or Digits and Symbols") as separator and save/cancel whatever. Then the subsequent + Password on the main App, will include the actual word "Digits" (or "Digits and Symbols") in the memorable password, even though hyphen is selected!

I was not able to reproduce this. Perhaps I am following a different process than the one you are trying. Can you please give us step by step instructions on how to consistently reproduce this? We will be happy to test it here too.

• sammy_j
    sammy_j
    Community Member
    Options

HI @ag_ana ,

That's weird. I don't have the option "Capitalize", "Full Words" either on my Mac 1P App.

I am running 1P V7.6 and when I check for updates, it says that I have the latest one.

I tried again this AM ; the word "Digits" spelled that way is included as a separator in the memorable password. I will take a screen grab in a moment and I will paste it here.

• sammy_j
    sammy_j
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana,

See these two images. Both are using "+ -> Password -> Click on the wheel" in the App (Not the 1P Mini/extension).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sammy_j:

Thank you for the additional information. 1Password 7.6 is indeed the latest stable version of the app. I am currently running the latest beta though (version 7.7.BETA-10 at the moment), so it's possible that these things have been fixed in one of the last beta updates.

If you would like to give the beta a try and see if the behavior has been fixed there, here are the instructions to switch to the beta channel:

Use 1Password beta releases

• sammy_j
    sammy_j
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana:

Thanks again!

If you would like to give the beta a try and see if the behavior has been fixed there, here are the instructions to switch to the beta channel:

That will likely be a weekend project!

Meanwhile, can we do the opposite? Can someone at 1P install V7.6 and confirm these two bugs? (So that I am not doing something incorrectly or an option that I am forgetting to turn on or whatever). Possible?

Thanks again!

• rudy
    Options

@sammy_j,

These have both already been addressed in the 7.7 betas.

• sammy_j
    sammy_j
    Community Member
    edited October 2020
    Options

Hi @rudy ,

Thanks.

These have both already been addressed in the 7.7 betas.

Hmmm. I looked through the release notes for all the 7.7 betas and I did not see any mention of this?
    Which beta version was this fixed in exactly?
    Can you please let me know?

Thanks a lot, in advance!

• rudy
    Options

@sammy_j.

7.7.BETA-3:

• The main 1Password editor now uses the improved Strong Password Generator. {#2564}
This discussion has been closed.