How to set "never display in browser" flag in CLI

JeroenG
JeroenG
Community Member

In the windows app I see the option to never display a login in the browser, but I van not find any way to set this in the CLI (need to do this for approx. 300 item, so prefer to script this).

When I execute "op get item xxxxxxxx |jq" I see this is the item .overview.scope, but I can not set this via the cli:

jeroen_g@DESKTOP-I7N1FMF:~$ op get item "my_item_name" | jq
{
  "uuid": "xxxxxxx",
  "templateUuid": "001",
   ...content deleted ......
  },
  "overview": {
    "ainfo": "xxxxxxxxxx",
    "ps": 58,
    "scope": "Never",
    "tags": [
      "test",
    ],
    "title": "my_item_name"
  }
}
jeroen_g@DESKTOP-I7N1FMF:~$ op edit item "my_item_name" scope="Never"
[ERROR] 2020/10/27 08:29:49 The item doesn't have a "scope" field.
jeroen_g@DESKTOP-I7N1FMF:~$

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS (Windows Subsystem)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @JeroenG ,

I'll ask the team why is the "scope" field not considered a field in the CLI, I'm pretty sure it is because only the desktop clients and extensions use it, but I'll make sure and come back with proper answers.

In the meantime, it sounds like there might be easier ways to not show specific logins in the browser. If you're using 1Password X in your browser, you can create a new vault, put all these items in that vault, and then hide this vault in 1Password X's settings so nothing from that vault will show up in the browser.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2020

After consulting with the team, the "scope" field is currently not supported by the CLI.
    Hopefully it will in the future, but for now if you can explain what exactly you are trying to accomplish, perhaps I'll be able to find an alternative solution :)

ref: dev/b5/op#993

This discussion has been closed.