Put family vault in wrong copy of 1pw

tommy
tommy
Community Member

I downloaded 1pw7 to my wife's phone. I logged in with my password but found í was unable to create logins in her phone.
I upgraded to families, invited her, i accepted on her phone, I created an account with a strong password on her phone but when they said download 1pw I said I have it and the family and personal vaults were placed in the app on her phone together with my vault. I have no problem with my vault on her phone. I logged out and could only log in with my password, not hers
How can I undo this?. Ideally I want her to have her vault and share a vault I create for her

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: iOS 14.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tommy!

If you open 1Password for iOS on her phone and go to Settings > 1Password Accounts, which account do you see there? Yours or hers?

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana
    After reopening 1pw this morning. I logged into 1pw on my wife's phone with my master password. The only account visible today is my family account.
    Yesterday I saw a personal account, the family account and my account

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tommy:

I think the fact that you are using three separate accounts, instead of just the Families one, might be part of the problem. You should only use the Families account, with multiple users invited to it:

Add and remove family members

I logged into 1pw on my wife's phone with my master password. The only account visible today is my family account.

In this case specifically, this is happening because you are logging in to your account, not hers. Can you make sure that you have actually invited her to your Families account, and that she shows up as a user inside it? It sounds like you are currently the only user in 1Password Families at the moment.

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member

Yesterday I could only log in with my Master password and face id as well. I invited her but only saw the confirmation email after having logged in to her account. I confirmed it and today under "your accounts" the only one there is "My family account".
    There is nothing of real interest in that vault yet

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tommy:

Great, now that you have invited her to the account, you can add her account to her 1Password app:

How to add your 1Password account to the apps

You might have to remove your account from her 1Password app first, since you cannot add multiple users from the same Families account to the same 1Password app.

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana
    I cannot log into 1pw on my wife's iphone with her credentials. Only with mine. Since face ID is on, I had to wear my mask in order to be able to enter her Master Password which doesn't work
    On logging in on my wife's phone with my credential, only the family vault is available. (It doesn't have any information in it yet)
    I don't have her secret key.

Thank you

• @tommy

I'm sorry for the continued trouble. To avoid sharing your account information here in a public forum, can you send us an email to support@1password.com from your account's registered email address so that we can continue the conversation there? We may need to take a closer look at your setup.

Include the following:

Your user name here in the forum. tommy
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/116507/put-family-vault-in-wrong-copy-of-1pw#latest

Also, include a summary of your questions or details on how we may assist you. That will help your ticket to get routed properly.

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member

@ag_tommy
    Done. Hopefully we can move on with this
    Thank you

• @tommy

Thank you. I was able to locate your submission. Someone should be in touch soon.

ref: ZXY-28572-536

This discussion has been closed.