Install p12 file from 1Password to iOS

Options
salgiza
salgiza
Community Member

Ok there are two parts to this message, the first I’m not sure whether it’s a feature request or a bug, the second is certainly a bug.

I have stored a p12 certificate in 1Password. I need it to connect to prove my identity when connecting to some web services and, being a file that I want to keep private and secure, I thought that 1Password would be the best place to store it.

Now, I want to install that file in my iPhone. To do so I can download it in 1Password and try to export it to another app... but, unlike what happens when I click on a p12 file in the Files app, I can’t install the certificate directly from 1Password, just export it (being what those files are, I would have thought that 1Password would detect p12/pfx files and let me install them without using a third app).

So, 1Password doesn’t let me install the certificate, let’s save it to Files and import it from there... I click on the export icon after downloading the file, I choose “Save in Files”, and a dialog appears where I can choose the folder where I want to save the file, I can even rename it... but I can’t confirm or cancel the action. As in: there are no buttons to do so and I actually have to kill 1Password in order to exit the screen.

Any help? 😅

P.S. I’m using an iPhone X, iOS 14.1, and version 7.7 of the 1Password app.

Comments

• @salgiza

Have you given the iPhone a restart since updating to iOS 14? I have seen a few others here in the forum report various issues that a restart solved.

Concerning your last section, I was able to export an item from within 1Password. I even changed the name and specified the save location. I am hoping that restart resolves what you are experiencing.

• salgiza
    salgiza
    Community Member
    Options

It worked! 😵 I just restarted the iPhone and, lo and behold, the buttons to save and cancel the dialog where there.

It would still be nice to be able to install certificates directly from 1Password, but at least now I can work around this limitation.

Thanks a lot, @ag_tommy !

• @salgiza

That's terrific news that things are back to the norm. For some reason, it (restart) seems to be needed more this round of updates.

This discussion has been closed.