Filling in password does reload page

winklerrr
winklerrr
Community Member
edited January 2021 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello,

When I fill in credentials using 1Password extension for Chrome (with STRG + \ ) it automatically reloads the page. This is problematic for me as I'm working on http://localhost:4200 (dev mode) and http://localhost:8080 (prod mode) at the same time and 1Password all the time reloads the page with 4200 (I think because it's the first website of the two website links that I saved in 1Password).
How can I turn off that behavior?

When I first installed 1Password it just filled out the login forms without reloading the page or submitting the form automatically. This behavior was perfect! But then I went to the settings to check out what 1Password is capable of and I found the setting called "Open logins in..." (see attached screenshot). When I first saw this setting, no value was chosen (let's call it "none"). I then tried out all of the options and I was unsatisfied with all of them. So I wanted to change back to "none" but this doesn't seem possible. Since that day I have those reload page problems.

How can I change the behavior back to "only fill in, don't reload and don't submit the page"?
Or how can I change the behavior to "reload the page but with the same port"?

Best regards
winklerrr

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 1903 Build 18362.1139
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_michaelc
    edited October 2020

Hey @winklerrr. Open the full 1Password app, then go to 1Password > Settings > Browsers and try turning off "Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords". :smile: Let me know if that helps.

• winklerrr
    winklerrr
    Community Member

I don't want to turn off that feature, as I want 1Password to automatically sign me in.

After reinstalling 1Password, the setting which I talked about and which seems to produce that bug is now reset to it's default none value (see screenshot):

So with nothing selected the problem does not occur anymore. But as soon as I select a value, it's not possible to reset that value again to its default (except by reinstalling 1Password...).

For me it seems like there is a little bug in your code and that's also why no default value is selected from the beginning on. Could you please investigate that?

Best regards
    Sandro

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @winklerrr,

Could you please try to edit that Login item in question in 1Password 7 for Windows and tell me what you have enabled in Submit form?

Please try to select Never submit there and check how it works for you after that. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @Greg!

I didn't know about such a setting and that is exactly what I need for some specific websites. Now it is possible to stop login automatically after filling in the credentials. Great! :)

Thanks, Greg! :+1:

• On Greg's behalf, you're super welcome @DenalB! 😊

This discussion has been closed.