Duplicate translation issue in French

Options
Macfli
Macfli
Community Member

Hi! First of all thank you very much for this awesome product that I use many times every day!

There is a translation issue in the French version of the 1Password Mac app regarding reused passwords:

"Dupliquer" here reads as the infinitive of the verb "to duplicate", when I guess the intent was to use the noun "duplicate".
I would suggest the following translations instead: "dupliqué" (past participle of the verb "dupliquer"), "réutilisé" ("reused") or "doublon" (noun, "duplicate").

Also I don't see the reused warning in the web version. Is there a reason for it?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_matthew
    ag_matthew
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank-you for the bug report, @Macfli, and for your enthusuasm for 1Password! We really appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Unfortunately, our apps also use the word "Duplicate" as a verb, so it's not a 2-minute fix to just the French translation. I've raised this as an issue in our internal bug-tracking system.

Also I don't see the reused warning in the web version. Is there a reason for it?

There are two possible reasons for this:

1. The warning might not appear in the web version, if you view the item from the item list; but if you access the item via the "Watchtower" -> "Reused Passwords" link on the left, the warning should be visible there.
    2. If you have reused passwords in two items in two different 1Password accounts, then the warning won't show in the web version, because it only has knowledge of the one account that you are signed into. Our native client apps for Mac and iOS can check for duplicated passwords across different accounts.

Having consistent behaviours across all our clients is a high priority for us; we are actively working on this.

This discussion has been closed.