search for an account in several vaults

Options
3ltron
3ltron
Community Member

Hi, I have organized my passwords in several vaults to manage the ever increasing number of passwords.
Sometimes when searching for an account I choose the most likely vault, enter a search term and if I didn't succeed I want to search in another vault. For this, I first have to cancel the search, change the vault, then have to reenter the search term. If this has to be repeated several times, it gets annoying.
My suggestion: Would it be possible after entering the search term to change the search vault without having to reenter the search phrase?
Example :
choose private vault
Search for : reddit

negative result

tap on family vault

negative result

tap on shared vault

negative result

tap on ALL vaults

two results in "archive" vault and "etc" vault

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @3ltron

Have you tried searching from the All Vaults view? Is that an option for you?

• 3ltron
    3ltron
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Tommy, yes, that's what I fall back to eventually. But I have a mess of a history of different pw managers. If i use All Vaults as a default its usually difficult to determine which is the correct result. I will eventually get the correct password currently but it's more uncomfortable than necessary.
    Before searching, the vault option is available. As soon as I start to enter the search, this option is gone, it simply less convenient than necessary
    An easy solution would be to default the search string to the last entered one, if the previous search is less old than say 10mins.

• @3ltron

Ah, thank you for the clarification. It does seem as if you could benefit from such a feature and perhaps others. I'll mention it to the team. I am not sure of the feature's feasibility, but I'll leave that part to the developers to solve. Thank you for sharing.

• 3ltron
    3ltron
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your feedback and for taking my suggestion into consideration!

• :+1: :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.