Where is the "Hide signature" option? Also why can't I downvote comments?

LosInvalidos
LosInvalidos
Community Member
Where is the option to hide the signature? IB.Board has it. Why can't I use it?

Also I find it irritating that downvoting comments is not possible. In todays world I can only like but not dislike? Wow, freedom of expression at it's best. Thanks (not) for porting the 1P forums into an infantilized facebook world of 2012. Sad is it, right?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited January 2012
    Hey

Look under the My Settings : Ignore Preferences, there should be a check box to hide signatures. It should be the top most check box.

I can tell you it works as it just hide your signature from me. :)

You can tweak it to ignore just certain users signatures etc.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2012
    Also, you can just click the X at the far right of any signature.

20120120-1u69wpe1hhfap466k77cjs12um.png

Also, "upvoting" and "downvoting" are meaningless. They have no effect on anything. Just use your words. :)
  • LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    Very strange. I don't get what the issue is at hand. I am aware of the "X" but as you can see in my first post it does not show up.

At the same time pref settings tell me I already have hidden your signature. But still it shows up.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Odd. Try enabling all signatures then disabling them all again. Had them enabled and just successfully disabled them by clicking the X and then selecting "Ignore all signatures".
  • LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    edited January 2012
    Tried enabeling and disabeling then. Did not help. I think we have a ticket for ip.board?

Strange thing also is that thightowers signature is hidden while yours (khad) is not.
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Is that because of his Admin status ? Possibly ?
  • LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    Hm, hard to tell. have other admins blocked as well and not seen any issues but haven't checked specifically.
  • benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    The x should appear when you "hover" your mouse over a signature line.
  • LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    Please see post #4, so I have blocked several signatures. I am aware of the "X" but it does not appear for khad's signature. Which was the cause for my initial post, right?
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

Please see post #4, so I have blocked several signatures. I am aware of the "X" but it does not appear for khad's signature. Which was the cause for my initial post, right?

I logged into the wife's account here and the "X" is not present on the admin accounts. So I think that is the issue we are having i.e. not available for admin accounts.
  • LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    Wow, is that a useful feature?
This discussion has been closed.