Stop prompting me for MFA tokens for vaults that I don't care about.

Astarmet
Astarmet
Community Member
edited October 2020 in Mac

I have two vaults:
A: A vault without MFA. I use it 50 times a day.
B: A vault with MFA enabled. I use it maybe once a week.

If I need to get a password from vault A via the MacOS app, I am promoted for the MFA token for B. Twice. When I cancel the MFA token dialog, I am prompted again. Can we not do this? Counting the fingerprint dialog, getting to a password is now like 7 clicks and includes delays between dialogs that interrupt my typing.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Astarmet

It sounds as if you may be receiving a re-authentication prompt. If you would like to reach out to us via email and using support@1Password, we could take a more in-depth look at your situation to see what's happening.

• Astarmet
    Astarmet
    Community Member

@ag_tommy I am not interested in authenticating in the first place. I'm using multiple vaults, and I don't want to be prompted for an MFA token unless I need to access the vault in question. If I had five vaults for different clients in here, would I need to enter 5 authentication tokens every time I needed to fetch a password? Can I instead disable the infrequently used vaults while I am not using them?

• ag_tommy
    edited October 2020

@Astarmet

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report so that we can review what is happening. Please use the following link to create that report for your device.

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics

The diagnostic report doesn't include any private information like your logins, Master Password, or Secret Key:
    About 1Password diagnostics reports https://support.1password.com/diagnostics-privacy/
    Please send that report to support@1Password.com Be sure to include the following information with your submission.

Your user name here in the forum. Astarmet
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/116565/stop-prompting-me-for-mfa-tokens-for-vaults-that-i-dont-care-about

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security. The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You will receive an auto-reply from BitBot, our auto-responder. Please post the Ticket ID you receive back here.

• Astarmet
    Astarmet
    Community Member

I'll submit a diagnostics report as you ask, but I don't understand why I am doing it. As far as I can tell, 1Password is functioning as it is supposed to. I assume that it's asking me for MFA tokens because it wants to search for passwords through all of the enabled vaults.

I want to disable vaults that I don't use often, so that I am not prompted to enter MFA tokens for them every time I want to retrieve a password.

• Astarmet
    Astarmet
    Community Member

I think the ticket number is ZXS-76823-896.

• @Astarmet

Thank you. I was able to locate your submission. Someone will look over the report as soon as possible.

ref: ZXS-76823-896

This discussion has been closed.