More and more sites not working as expected with autofill

Options
jasimon9
jasimon9
Community Member
edited October 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

In particular, at wellsfargo, for a special application page at https://icomplete.wellsfargo.com/oas/status/enter, the autofilled fields would not allow the "Sign On" button to work. I had to type in the username and copy/paste the password.

Also many other sites now seem to require multiple steps: "Go" not longer works. "Go" takes you to the page, then another click might be needed to invoke a popup where the credential might populate, or not. Usually autofill will work at that point.

I am sure your design team is having fun with all these new situations.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jasimon9,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties with the autofill experience. I took a look at the Wells Fargo page you linked to and I also noticed that I was unable to click the "Sign On" button after autofilling some test credentials. I filed an issue internally for this so that we can take a look at it and determine what can be done to improve the experience there.

(As a workaround in the meantime, I noticed that I was able to click the "Sign On" button after deleting and re-typing the last character in the username that autofilled. That may be helpful for you as opposed to copy-pasting the password and manually re-typing the username).

As far as your comment about autofill after clicking "Go" on an item, we've made a number of improvements in regard to the autofill experience in the 1Password for Mac 7.7 beta. Feel free to give that a try and let us know if it's doing any better!

Overall, we're constantly working to improve the autofill experience across the web to fix situations such as these. Thanks for bringing these issues to our attention so they can be fixed :smile:

This discussion has been closed.