Cannot open 1Password on one iPad

1NoahTN
1NoahTN
Community Member
edited October 2020 in iOS

I have two iPads - one is an iPad Pro, IOS version 13.7 and the second is an older unit running version 12.4.8. I also have an iMac on OS version 10.15.7 Catalina. 1PW has been running with no problems on the Mac and iPad Pro. I cannot get it to work on the second iPad. The app seems to install ok but the master password will not open the 1PW app. I get a "incorrect password" error message. I have deleted the 1PD app and reinstalled an app downloaded from the Apple app store. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 7
OS Version: 12.4.8
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• @1NoahTN

Are you using a 1Password membership? If you are, could you try logging in online using https://my.1password.com ? Are you able to login?

• 1NoahTN
    1NoahTN
    Community Member

yes

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@1NoahTN:

In your original post, you wrote that your sync method is iCloud. However, now you confirmed that you have a 1Password Membership. Can you confirm what option you chose when you reinstalled the 1Password app on this iPad, in the welcome screen? Did you choose the iCloud option or the 1Password.com option?

• 1NoahTN
    1NoahTN
    Community Member

I do not remember which option I used - it was 2+ years ago.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@1NoahTN:

My apologies, I am afraid I am not following. In your first post you wrote:

I have deleted the 1PD app and reinstalled an app downloaded from the Apple app store.

But now you wrote:

I do not remember which option I used - it was 2+ years ago.

Did you not try to reinstall the 1Password app yesterday, when you opened this discussion on the forum? Or was this something that you tried two years ago?

• 1NoahTN
    1NoahTN
    Community Member

When I reinstalled the app yesterday I used the sync with iCloud.

• 1NoahTN
    1NoahTN
    Community Member

The comments are slow this morning. We are getting bombarded with campaign emails and they are really slowing things down. Please excuse the seemingly slow responses.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@1NoahTN:

No worries at all! Please uninstall the 1Password app on your device once again, and install it. This time, please choose the 1Password.com option, and enter the same login information that you used to login successfully to the website :+1:

• 1NoahTN
    1NoahTN
    Community Member

I followed the instructions and I received "error in sign in - try again" I did it three times and got the same results.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@1NoahTN:

Are you scanning your QR code from your Emergency Kit, or entering your credentials (Sign In Address, Secret Key and Master Password) manually?

• 1NoahTN
    1NoahTN
    Community Member

Manually - the only item that I am required to enter is the Master Password. Sign in address and Secret Key are entered automatically.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@1NoahTN:

It's possible that the information that is automatically filled is now outdated. Perhaps you changed the sign-in address and the Secret Key since the first time. Can you please try entering all your account information manually, like you did on the website, to make sure you are 100% using the same information that work on the website?

• 1NoahTN
    1NoahTN
    Community Member

I think I have found the problem but I do not know how to correct. I removed the existing 1PW app from the 2nd iPad and then did a restart of the iPad. I reinstalled the app from the Apple store. On the welcome screen I clicked on 1Password.com. The family account was found but the email address (user name) was not correct and there does not seem to be a way to change that address. The second option is to "Add other account". When I open this route I have: Sign-in address, Email address, Your Secret Key, and Master Password available. Is "Add other account" the option to use?

• Yes it is. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.