To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

someone at Apple got my account set up before Covid. Now I can't understand how to load passwords

suzannesmith
suzannesmith
Community Member

I can't figure out how to load my passwords and basic use of main password. The video on Youtube says that they will load automatically when you log into one of your accounts but that didn't happen. It also says you can input passwords directy into your vault and I tried with my Amazon account but can't see where/how to use that either. I'm completely stuck. Videos on Youtube no help at all.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:someone at Apple got my account set up before Covid. Now I can't understand how to load passwords

Comments

• @suzannesmith

Let's start with how to get the data into 1Password. Please review this topic. Does it help? https://support.1password.com/1password-extension/

Which browser are you using? Do you have our browser extension installed? If you need to install one of our browser extensions, please visit our downloads page using your desired browser, and install the corresponding extension.

https://1password.com/downloads/mac/#browsers

• suzannesmith
    suzannesmith
    Community Member

I use Safari and Chrome. Theicon comes up in the tool bar for both. I tried the suggestion in Safari to restart Mac and open 1password before I opened Safari. Nothing happened when I logged on to a website so I clicked the icon and it asked me if I wanted to add the extension. When I clicked on that I got a page that was technically the extension because it only had the "Uninstall" button . Nothing else to do there. Dead End.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@suzannesmith:

If you open Safari Preferences > Extensions tab, is the 1Password extension in the list there, and is it checked? It should look similar to this:

This discussion has been closed.