Problem with the serach

Hello

Sometimes I have problem with the search (over the EDGE Browser Plugin), like this:

I have a entry with my Microsoft Account, but if i search for "manuel out" i got no reults, why?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.22.1
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @manibam ,

It looks like you are using our web-app in that screenshot. Can you please search for "manuel" in the 1Password extension that is installed in your browser? Here's how:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Click the 1Password extension icon on the top right corner to open 1Password (unlock it if necessary).
    3. Start typing "manuel" there to search for logins that contain the word "manuel".

Does that work?

• manibam
    manibam
    Community Member

Oh, yes, it was the Web-app. Directly over the Extension it works, but not in the Web-app. Why?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad to hear you can find it in the extension, @manibam .

The web app is a bit different than the extension. The extension can take each keyword you search for and look for it separately. That means that you can search for that login by typing in "manuel live microsoft". It will take each one of these words and find matching results for it.

However, on the web app, it will search for the entire string exactly as you type it, so it won't find "manuel microsoft" because there are no items called "manuel microsoft". But if you search for only "manuel", you'll find that item because the web app will find a matching string. The moment you add a space bar or another word after "manuel", it won't find anything because nothing matches it in the web app.

As you can see, you are better off with the search in the extension rather than the search in the web app. You'll have to be a lot more accurate and precise with your searches in the web app, while the extension is more flexible in that regard.

This discussion has been closed.