Totally confused!

MateusRosebud
MateusRosebud
Community Member

In my applications folder on my mac I have 1Password 7 - and it says 2 vaults - One with my name (under this it says personal) and then there is "on my mac" and under this it says primary. I then have 1password x extension where it shows again my name and under it again it says personal (implying 2 vaults?) - on my iphone I have the app and again it shows my name and under it personal ( so2 vaults?). At times I cannot find on my phone passwords that I need? (presumably they are in the mac vault on my computer). I also appear to have lots of duplicates (exactly the same info) in vaults - think this is from when I tried to sort my vaults before. I just want all my passwords in one place (vault) where I can access them (all) whether I am using my computer or my phone and I would like read of the duplicates without losing data! I have a 1 password membership - but have recently seen reference to the fact that I may not need this as I could sync with icloud between my devices? Have tried reading various things but not fully understanding! I've had 1password from way back so this may be what has caused this as/when it was updated over time. Can anyone simply explain to me how to get what I want without losing my data! Thanks in advace

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 1.22.1
OS Version: OS 10.12.6
Sync Type: ?

Comments

• MateusRosebud
    MateusRosebud
    Community Member

Also if I have posted this in the wrong place apologies - was not sure where to put my question

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MateusRosebud! Welcome to the forum!

If you use a 1Password Membership (and this is your case, since you have a Personal vault), you don't need to use iCloud or your old Primary vault anymore. I think you are saving your information in your Primary vault on your Mac, and this is why your data is not syncing on your other devices (which are only configured to use your Personal vault in your 1Password Membership).

What you should do is move your existing data from your Primary to your Personal vault on your Mac, and remove your Primary vault once you are done:

Move and copy items

Now all your items will sync automatically to your other devices through your 1Password Membership ;)

• MateusRosebud
    MateusRosebud
    Community Member

I used to have a standalone 1password - but a few years ago was advised to go to membership - my problems date back to then. Think it was all syncing via dropbox? but to be honest I don't remember. I will try what you advise above but I have a feeling that it was what I tried before and after thought I had lost some info - and then ended up with the duplicates. Why, on my iphone, do I also have 2 accounts?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MateusRosebud:

If you already moved your data, it would explain why you already have duplicates: if you kept both the old vault and the new vault in your 1Password for Mac app, this would create the duplicates.

You can confirm this easily: for example, on your iPhone or in the 1Password browser extension, do you see the duplicates?

• MateusRosebud
    MateusRosebud
    Community Member

Yes I see the duplicates on my iphone and in the browser extension

• MateusRosebud
    MateusRosebud
    Community Member

When you say "What you should do is move your existing data from your Primary to your Personal vault on your Mac, and remove your Primary vault once you are done:" I presume you are referring to within the 1password7 application?

• MateusRosebud
    MateusRosebud
    Community Member

Ok I have done that move and then used the help and tools to remove duplicates in the vault. I have now sorted them by date used and lots of them are showing with the designation of "not available"? what is that about?

• MateusRosebud
    MateusRosebud
    Community Member

The username and password for the "not available" ones are fine and some of them I use regularly?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MateusRosebud:

I have now sorted them by date used and lots of them are showing with the designation of "not available"?

Can you please upload a screenshot of this?

• MateusRosebud
    MateusRosebud
    Community Member

Sorry for the late reply - pls see screenshot

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MateusRosebud:

Thank you for the screenshot! I can't say I have seen this before. If you open one of those items, do you see the text "Not Available" in any of the fields inside it?

• MateusRosebud
    MateusRosebud
    Community Member

Hi - when i go to the site it seems to come up and fill in fine? I was just curious as to what was causing this - I thought initially sites that no longer existed - but just checked out and argos works ok. Not to worry!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MateusRosebud:

That is good to know, thank you for the confirmation. I am glad to hear that filling works :)

If you would like to take a look inside these items and see if you spot exactly where this "Not Available" text comes from inside the item, by all means let us know and we can see if we can reproduce this :+1:

• @MateusRosebud

No data is available for 1Password to use in your chosen sort method of last used. Until 1Password has noticed that you have used that particular item, "Not available" will continue to be displayed.

If you use one of the items that have "Not available" shown, you should see the date last used displayed under the title. In short, as you use 1Password and your items, you will see the instances of "Not available" disappear.

• MateusRosebud
    MateusRosebud
    Community Member

thanks for that update Tommy - that makes sense

• I am glad it helped. We're close at hand if needed. Drop in at any time. :)

This discussion has been closed.