Autofill - Filling a broken HTML form with 3 input fields

Options
m33x
m33x
Community Member
edited October 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

I'm using 1Password for Mac and I have the legacy (not 1Password X) browser extension installed in Google Chrome. I need to fill an HTML form with 3 input fields, that do not have any autofill attribute, nor IDs or names. tldr; a broken HTML form.

Here is the form: https://standard.gkvnet-ag.de/svnet/

Translation:

• Betriebsnummer -> Business ID (first input field)
  • Benutzername -> Username (second input field)
  • Kennwort -> Password (third input field)
  • Anmelden -> Login

So far I only managed 1Password to fill username and password, but the business ID (first input field) remains empty. Can someone help me?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS Catalina
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @m33x ,

I tested the login form in that website and unfortunately there's no way to autofill that first field using the old companion extension.
    In order for it to (maybe) work, the field must have at least an HTML name or id identifier. Since it has none, there's no way to tell the extension where/how to autofill that field.

1Password X can autofill that field by identifying the heading before the field (the name "Betriebsnummer"), so it can guess where to autofill correctly if you add such a "Betriebsnummer" field to the login item, so please do consider giving 1Password X a try here.

• m33x
    m33x
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @ag_yaron,

thanks for your time, and the clarification! 👍Unfortunately, I do require the Touch ID unlock, which is currently not supported by 1Password X, otherwise I would have switched already.

Thanks anyway, I will email the site administrator and ask for help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@m33x:

The good news is that our developers are working on Touch ID unlock in 1Password X too, so definitely keep an eye out on the release notes :)

This discussion has been closed.