Suggestion: Move server selector to top of sign-in form

Options

Hi there.

I got a small suggestion to the 1password X extension, as every time I install the extension on a computer, I keep filling out the sign-in form first, and afterwards remembering that I have to select 1password.eu, as it is a small select-box in the bottom of the sing-in form. But, changing this clears out the form, which is a bit annoying. Wouldn't it make sense to select the login server first, before filling out the form - especially since it clears it?

Regards, Adam.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @MrAdam ,

Thanks for the suggestion here! It makes some sense, but it can also cause some confusion. We have a lot of European users who are using the .com servers and vice versa (also with the Canadian users and servers). They might select what they think is their region and then fail to authenticate if they chose the wrong servers.

I'll forward this and ask the team if there's a smarter way to implement it.
    In the meantime, when you install 1Password X, you can simply go to one of the following links directly instead of proceeding with what 1Password X is asking you:

I know this is not a proper solution for what you are asking, but I hope you will find it somewhat useful for now :)

• MrAdam
    MrAdam
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. It's not really a deal-breaker for me, just a small annoyance that I finally remembered to write in here.
    Anyway, another solution could be to not reload the whole from when changing the server in the dropdown?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2020
    Options

That's a nice suggestion @MrAdam ,
    I don't think that's possible though, since it's not just the form that changes (or a simple page refresh), but the entire URL and domain changes, it is not possible to retain the data when you are being redirected to a different website, but I'll definitely investigate that option.

• MrAdam
    MrAdam
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, and thanks for taking my feedback into account :)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for sharing your feedback and suggestions as well :+1:

This discussion has been closed.