pin code for iphone

Options
SherylGleich
SherylGleich
Community Member

How do I set up the pin code so I can use it to access iPassword on my iPhone 6?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:pin code for iphone

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @SherylGleich

I'd be happy to help with that, with two caveats:

1. The iPhone 6 is 6 year old hardware at this point. It is no longer capable of running the latest version of iOS. In fact the latest version it can run is iOS 12, which is two major versions behind. As a security focused company, we'd always strongly encourage you to keep all of your software up to date. In particular it is important to stay updated with 1Password, your web browser, and your operating system.
    2. Generally Touch ID offers stronger security (and arguably more convenience) than a PIN: About Touch ID security in 1Password for iOS

That said, if you'd prefer to use a PIN for Quick Unlock with 1Password, you can enable one in 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security > PIN Code. Please note that enabling any form of Quick Unlock (PIN/Touch ID/Face ID) does not replace your Master Password. There are still circumstances in which the Master Password will be required, and as such it is critical to have it memorized and/or written down and stored in a safe place (such as a fire safe or bank deposit box).

I hope that helps!

Ben

• SherylGleich
    SherylGleich
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much - I could have looked all day before I found that. It looks like my iPhone is running IOS 14.1, so I think I'm okay.

Sheryl Gleich

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @SherylGleich. I'm glad to hear that helped, and that you are indeed running the latest iOS. I'm thinking you must have a model newer than the iPhone 6 after all, as the 6 was version limited to iOS 12. In any event, sounds like it all worked out. :+1:

Please let me know if there is anything else we can help with.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.