Cannot opt-out of bets builds

Options
noahm
noahm
Community Member

I have been running 1Password’s beta software on macOS (and iOS) for a while now. Lately, I’m starting to care less about having the latest features and would prefer to have a better experience. However, I have noticed that, within 1Password’s preferences, if you have the beta software installed, you actually cannot uncheck the “Include beta builds” box. In every other app I have tested on macOS, that box has always been able to be disabled regardless if I’m running the beta or the public release.

Obviously if my beta version is higher than the public release, I shouldn’t be downgraded, but rather when the next public release is available, update to that instead of the beta.

Currently the only way to opt out of the macOS beta is to redownload the entire app again from the website.

Thank you.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @noahm

I can completely understand opting for a more stable experience. :)

Currently the only way to opt out of the macOS beta is to redownload the entire app again from the website.

Correct. This is by design.

Ben

• noahm
    noahm
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben

Thanks for your reply.

Hmm, maybe it would be a good idea for there to be some smaller text below that directing users to download the stable (public release) app if they want to opt-out of it.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion. :) We do cover this on our Use 1Password beta releases page.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.