1Password open with an empty database - using 1password 7 on MacBook (macOS Catalina)

Options
RichardLinter
RichardLinter
Community Member

The 1Password app opens with no content shown. Locking and reopening the app and shutting down and restarting has not helped. I have checked the account on the browser and (thankfully) my content is still present but I cannot access it on the MacBook app or mini app

1Password Version: 7.7.BETA-11 (70700011)
Extension Version: 7.7.BETA-11
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password open with empty database

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RichardLinter! Welcome to the forum!

If you open 1Password Preferences > Accounts tab, do you see your 1Password account listed there?

• ejr
    ejr
    Community Member
    Options

Same here.
    Did a Quit on 1Password since it was showing the "hated" inline menu and now I don't have any data. iPhone data is still there I synch thru iCloud.
    While login in at this site 1PW crashed in the background and after it restarted the data came back

• RichardLinter
    RichardLinter
    Community Member
    Options

ag_ana I was away from my machine when I got your reply, and when I returned I opened 1Password to find the answer to your question and,the app was populated with my data !!

• RichardLinter
    RichardLinter
    Community Member
    Options

Well! That didn't last long - the app is devoid of data again (and in answer to the question posed by @ag-ana , yes, my 1password account is listed in 1Password Preferences > Accounts

• julieta
    julieta
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2020
    Options

Hello Richard and ejr,

I have a workaround for getting back the data, please just press cmd+L and the app is going to show you the lock screen. As soon as you unlock it the data is back. I'm sorry about this issue. We had a fix and it's include in the next Beta version.

Thanks so much for your patient and for letting us about the issue.

Please let me know if I can help you in any else.

This discussion has been closed.