Is there any way to export a vault to a USB from web based 1password?

Options

I like to keep a USB with a recent copy of my vaults in a safety deposit box. But it doesn't look like I can do it from 1 password x?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:export vault

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @gmcinnes 👋

Thanks for reaching out to us. While it's not possible to export directly from 1Password X, you should be able to export from both the 1Password for Mac app as well as the 1Password for Windows app. Regardless of which platform you're on, you can find the instructions on this page.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any other questions!

• gmcinnes
    gmcinnes
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. That's a shame, because we mostly work on Chromebooks now. I'll see if I can find an old Mac to make this happen on. It would be great if you could suggest this as a feature.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @gmcinnes ,

We're currently working on a Linux app which might be able to do this in the future (there's a public beta available). In the meantime, you'll have to perform this task on Windows or a Mac (can be accomplished in a virtual machine if that helps).

• gmcinnes
    gmcinnes
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, I saw it. And a bash script to automate pulling each item down. I'm trying to decide about whether it would be less of a pain to set up the Linux environment, or to do it on a mac box.

It seems the Linux app only lets me download item by item though, and I really like being able to get the whole vault file as well.

Technical reason not to do this on 1password X, or is it just not implemented?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

1Password X works directly with your 1Password.com account's data (and the 1Password web app, the one you see when you log into https://my.1password.com).

The reasons are both technical and "just not implemented" as you mentioned :)
    We do hope that the Linux app will have that feature in the near future. For now, I think it would be less of a hassle to download an already installed Mac OS image and load it into a VM, which will save you the installation time and you'll be able to immediately install 1Password 7 and export your stuff.

This discussion has been closed.