Feedback while typing password missing on wide screen

Options

as per the title, when I'm unlocking the chrome extension from my second screen I don't see the feedback while I type the password ( the **** ).

I run latest chrome on mac. Second screen is an LG ultrawide (default resolution and refresh rate: 2560x1080 - 60Hertz).
If I move the same chrome tab on the mac monitor I can see the feedback while typing.

thanks for your help

Cheers

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.22.1
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @fedetaglia ,

This is a known Chromium issue that affects quite a few extensions (not only 1Password), where working with an external monitor might cause a delay in extensions input fields.
    It has been an ongoing issue for a while now and we're not sure when the Chromium team will resolve it, but until then you'll be happy to learn that this is just a graphical glitch rather than an actual lag/delay.

You can simply keep typing your Master Password even though it looks like nothing is being typed in, then hit Enter when you are done and 1Password will unlock.
    The other workaround is, as you found, to move the Chrome window to your main monitor.

• fedetaglia
    fedetaglia
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @ag_yaron
    thanks for your reply.

Yes, it's just graphical glitch and you can just keep typing "blind", but that's a really sensitive pw that's why I felt was something to be reported. The feedback gives you the peace of mind that you're typing the password in the correct location.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I completely agree @fedetaglia .

If you'd like, you can definitely voice your need for a fix here: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=971701

This discussion has been closed.