Moving item to a different vault via Shared vault resulted in items in recycle bin

swissis
swissis
Community Member

Hello,
I have upgraded my personal account to a family one.
Some of the items in my personal vault needed to be moved to a family member.
To do this i copied them into the shared vault

New Family member logged into 1Password app with own credentials and moved items from shared vault into own private vault.
This resulted in the same amount of items in the recycle bin.

Can these items be deleted?

BR,

Marcel

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @swissis

I apologize for the delayed reply. Indeed; moves between vaults in 1Password are actually a 'copy then delete' under the hood. You can delete the items from the recycle bin by emptying the trash.

1. Sign in at https://my.1password.com
    2. Select the vault that contains the items you want to delete
    3. Select the Trash from the bottom of the left-hand sidebar
    4. Select Empty Trash at the bottom of the page

I hope that helps!

Ben

• mwslaughter
    mwslaughter
    Community Member

I recently added my kids to my family account. To do this I had to move the "Shared" entries into my personal vault. The issue is that the Shared Trash will not empty and now my kids have access to all of my logins via their Trash folders. I have attempted to empty the trash many times and the entries do not show up on the web version, just the iphone app version (7.7). How can I get all of this stuff out of the trash so my kids don't have access?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mwslaughter:

Do they see the items in the Trash if they login to their Families account directly in the browser?

• mwslaughter
    mwslaughter
    Community Member

No. The trash items only show up in the iphone app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mwslaughter:

Thank you for the confirmation. This suggests that this might be a different Trash than the one in the Families account, and that you might have multiple accounts on this phone.

If you open 1Password for iOS on this device > Settings > Vaults, how many vaults do you see there?

• mwslaughter
    mwslaughter
    Community Member

I see 5 vaults. If I run through each vault, the number of items in the trash is zero on all but one - the Shared vault, which contains 66 items in the trash. If I click "Empty" then "Delete" nothing happens. This is true for all iOS devices in my family.

If I look on the web version I see zero items in the Shared trash.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mwslaughter:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from one of these iOS devices and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.