Safari 14.0 1Password7 BrowserExtension VERY SLOW

Options
Efferon
Efferon
Community Member

Safari 14.0

Problem - VERY SLOW response by the 1Password Browser Extension. Click on the extension in the tool bar takes a very long time (1-2 minutes) to open up; and then once it does it takes 10-20 seconds to fill in the password-form. This is compared to 2-5 seconds using a Google Chrome with 1Passwor7 webextension. The extension is sooo slow that's its not usuable...I typical end up runnin the full 1Password7 and cut copy past.

How can I get it to work as quickly as chrome?

Other Inqury - What is the expectation for the safari extension's behavior.... on Chrome you get a option to use Cmd-X to fill in password....on Safari you seem to have to click on the button in the browser tool bar.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 7.6
OS Version: MacOS Catalina 10.15.7
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Efferon

We are aware of some performance issues that have appeared in 1Password 7.6. We believe we've got those fixed up for the 7.7 release, but it would be great if you'd be willing to help us confirm that. If you'd like, you can download the 7.7 beta using these instructions:

Use 1Password beta releases

Other Inqury - What is the expectation for the safari extension's behavior.... on Chrome you get a option to use Cmd-X to fill in password....on Safari you seem to have to click on the button in the browser tool bar.

In Safari 1Password can be activated by the keyboard shortcut set in 1Password > Preferences > General > Keyboard Shortcuts. Please let me know if you have any trouble with that, and if you try the beta, if that resolves the performance issues.

Thank you!

Ben

• Efferon
    Efferon
    Community Member
    Options

I'll install the Beta and see if there is a noticeable experience difference.

• Efferon
    Efferon
    Community Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

After installing 7.7BETA12, restarted Safari. Used the cmd-X then the toolbar icon...response was good...used the tool bar again (might have double clicked don't remember) and the system panicked (system restart log sent to apple). Since I've restared and haven't had any issues yet...but will see how it goes.

• ag_tommy
    edited November 2020
    Options

@Efferon

Thank you for the update. I'm going to move your topic to the beta section to make sure it receives the attention it deserves. Please let us know how if you have issues.

This discussion has been closed.