Using 1password 6, getting a new MAC, how to restore second vault?

hzhong
hzhong
Community Member
edited November 2020 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

[NVM: I figured out: need to create a new vault and then change the sync option.]

I've been using 1password 6 for a few years (purchased through App Store). I have two vaults: primary synced via iCloud, and family synced via dropbox.

Now I'm getting a new MAC, and reinstalled 1password 6. Upon install it imported my primary vault through iCloud, and I couldn't find out how to restore my family vault. Any idea how I should sync from dropbox and restore the second vault?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• hzhong
    hzhong
    Community Member

nvm, I figured out: need to create a new vault and then change the sync option.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @hzhong! I am glad to hear that you managed to do this already :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• hzhong
    hzhong
    Community Member
    edited December 2020

Hi, it worked for a while until the trial license expired. Now I cannot make any edits.

I believe I purchased 1password from Mac App Store a couple of years ago instead of a license. Since the old version is no longer in the App store, I had to download it from your website. Is there a way to keep it working now? Can I get a license? Please advise.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@hzhong:

I believe I purchased 1password from Mac App Store a couple of years ago instead of a license. Since the old version is no longer in the App store, I had to download it from your website.

You need to make sure you download the app from the Mac App Store if you purchased it there. You can download old apps from your purchase history in the Mac App Store app ;)

• hzhong
    hzhong
    Community Member

Thank you! Got it back now.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That's great to hear @hzhong, thank you for the update :)

This discussion has been closed.