Feature Request: "Associate this account with this site."

Options

This is a request for a feature to better handle linking peer sites. In several situations, I have a username and password that is shared among similar sites or apps. This because the sites or apps share credentials. It is not a case of password re-use on my part. This often happens when my company uses SSO for several different sites or when I download an app that has a partner app. As an example, I go to a site I haven't logged into, but know it is a sister site.

1. Click login.
  2. Type command \ to get the 1password fill in.
  3. Since 1password doesn't know this site, it gives me the search popup.
  4. I search for the site and find it.
  5. At this point, I'd like to associate these credentials with this site. If I'm thinking:
    a. I click 'edit',
    b. I go back to the site
    c. I copy the URL
    d. I go back to the 'edit' box.
    e. I save the url in the right field.
    f. I click save
    g. I click enter and it enters my username and password.

My preference at step 5 would be.
a. Click on "Associate this account with this site."
b. Press enter.

In addition, in the current interface, if I press enter, expecting the username and password to be entered, it instead goes to the site associated with that login. This is quite annoying because I have now left the current site and lost my search result. Cuss words usually follow.

I have a similar request for applications. Some applications can be associated with a url. But there is no easy way to know that url and associate it. If the application has an associated url I'd like the "Associate this account with this application."

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 7.6
OS Version: OS X 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @meklund!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

We are thinking about how we can improve the experience when using SSO, so I have passed your idea to the developers ;)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#16

This discussion has been closed.