autofill not working with Firefox

QueFA
QueFA
Community Member
edited November 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

I have 1pass installed in Firefox but I get an message saying the opposite.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 1.22.2
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: local
Referrer: forum-search:firefox

Comments

• QueFA
    QueFA
    Community Member

I don't have any other add-ons installed and this is a fresh install of Firefox.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @QueFA!

You installed 1Password X in your browser, so it's normal that the 1Password app does not see the extension when you call it with that keyboard shortcut. 1Password X is an independent extension that does not communicate with the desktop app.

You need to either install the companion browser extension, or call 1Password X using the Cmd+Shift+X keyboard extension instead.

• QueFA
    QueFA
    Community Member

Hello, I have removed 1Password X and have the companion app extension install now, yet the same problem persists—unable to use autofill.

• @QueFA

Due to the differences in the extensions it may be necessary to iron out any communication issues.

1. Quit Firefox completely.
    2. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click on the helper and select quit 1Password completely. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder.
    3. Open Firefox.
  • QueFA
    QueFA
    Community Member
    edited November 2020

Working after a fresh install of Fireforx. Thx

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @QueFA! I am glad to hear this. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.