Prevent 1Password from prompting to update password on sms code page

Options
fatso83
fatso83
Community Member
edited November 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi, some page I use very frequently has a 2FA logon process, where username and password is input on the first "page" (actually a view) and a sms code on the subsequent "page" (same actual url). On the second view, 1Password keeps prompting me to update the password with the sms code. That is quite annoying, and very error prone, as it is easy to accidentally accept the change.

This is probably due to the sms code field being typed as a password:

<td colspan="2" class="credentials_table_unified_cell"><label for="input_1" id="label_input_1"></label><input type="password" name="_F5_challenge" class="credentials_input_password" value="" id="input_1" autocomplete="off" autocapitalize="off"></td>

Obviously, I want to prevent this from happening. One way of doing this is to blacklist the page, but the only page I have found that deals with this is a 2018 Feature Request that seems to have been a dud.

Furthermore, in my case, there would be nothing to blacklist, as both "pages" are actually just the same page where a view is being swapped out via javascript, so the url is /my.policy in both cases. Could I somehow either blacklist the specific id of the input field, or whitelist just the two I am interested in, somehow?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1password.com
Referrer: forum-search:Blacklist url

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @fatso83 ,

You didn't mention which extension you have installed in your browser.
    If you're using the companion extension (version 4.7.5), you can add the website's URL to the 1Password 7 desktop app's preferences to blacklist it:

1. Open your 1Password 7 desktop app.
    2. Click the "1Password" menu on the top left and select "Settings".
    3. In the settings window, select the "Browsers" tab and you'll see at its bottom an open space for you to input URLs. Add that website's URL into that space and 1Password won't trigger the save prompt again there.

Did that help?

This discussion has been closed.