Password Suggestion

Hi,

I've swapped from Dashlane (user for 4 years) to 1Passwrod earlier this year.

But one of the things I'm missing from 1Password that I had in Dashlane was the suggestions when I'm signing up to a website for the first time and it recommending a password. Or when I'm entering payment information. I've had to resort to using the payment autofill in my browser (rather than in my password manager) and opening 1Password and opening the password generator.

Is this feature within the software and I've not configured it properly, or does 1Password not recommend passwords when it detects a password field, or auto filling payment details?

Thanks

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• javakrypt
    javakrypt
    Community Member

I don't know how to edit but I think a screenshot might help visualise what I mean. Here's from the Dashlane FAQ:

Same with payment info, it asks what payment card to use and fill out:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @javakrypt! Welcome to the forum!

If you give the 1Password X browser extension a try, it can do both of these things ;)

You can read more about 1Password X here.

The companion browser extension can also do both of these things, but in 1Password X you need less steps :+1:

• javakrypt
    javakrypt
    Community Member

I have the extension installed (not the X version) but it doesn't do either of these things for me? Am I missing a setting? I'm using Edge Chromium and Chrome

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@javakrypt:

I have the extension installed (not the X version)

Please give the X version a try ;) The older extension you use can fill credit cards on web pages too, but it won't show the inline menu, you need instead to call it with the Cmd+\ keyboard shortcut.

This discussion has been closed.