Purple Window

PhilGwynne
PhilGwynne
Community Member

It's the second time I've come across this in my 3-4 years of using 1Password. Upon opening my Macbook, I'm greeted with a purple windowed blank 1Password app without displaying anything. 1Password isn't running, but when I open 1Password, it opens a working version in a new window, and I can't seem to close or minimise the purple window version – just drag it around the screen.

It's likely because I use the Beta version, but wondered if this was an issue you've seen before? I'll try a full restart and that should hopefully fix it.

P.s. the second screenshot has been edited for privacy.

1Password Version: 7.7.BETA-12 (70700012)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Catalina 10.15.5
Sync Type: 1Password Families

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PhilGwynne!

1Password isn't running, but when I open 1Password

Is 1Password mini running in your menu bar when you see this?

It's likely because I use the Beta version, but wondered if this was an issue you've seen before? I'll try a full restart and that should hopefully fix it.

The beta version indeed shows purple windows when there are UI issues, to help the developers troubleshoot any issues that might appear. I am also running the latest version of the beta, but I am not able to reproduce this. Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Is the purple window still there?

• PhilGwynne
    PhilGwynne
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana,

Yes, it's on the menu bar. Signing in doesn't fix it but 'Quit 1Password Completely' and restarting did the job – thank you! It's good to know how to solve this when it happens again in the future.

I'm not sure how to reproduce this, but it's happened before when I close the screen on my Macbook for the day and open it back up the following day. Probably not that helpful but on those occasions, I've closed the 1Password window but left the app running. The next day, the app in the dock shows as not running, but the menu bar icon is still there.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@PhilGwynne:

Thank you for the update! If you ever find a way to consistently reproduce this on command, please share the steps with us and we will be happy to test them and see if we can reproduce this too :+1:

• PhilGwynne
    PhilGwynne
    Community Member

Will do! Thanks again!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @PhilGwynne! If you have any other questions or reports, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• ag_vendruscolo
    ag_vendruscolo
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PhilGwynne, we're aware of an issue that first appeared in Beta 11 when attempting to preview a document. Do you recall if you're in such scenario?

Anyway, I'd like to ask you to send a Diagnostic Report. You can create this report by following these instructions:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

When you're done, please mention this conversation in the body of your diagnostics email before sending it.

Thanks!

• PhilGwynne
    PhilGwynne
    Community Member

Hey @ag_vendruscolo,

I recall dragging a file to the wrong icon yesterday (accidentally dragged it onto the 1Password icon in the dock instead of MS Teams), which could be the cause?

Either way, I've now sent the Diagnostic Report to the support team as requested.

Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@PhilGwynne:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: UQY-53566-562

• ag_vendruscolo
    ag_vendruscolo
    1Password Alumni

@PhilGwynne Dropping a file onto the Dock icon should have no effect, as we process files that are dropped onto the window. We'll take a look into this, thanks again for the report!

Take care

This discussion has been closed.