Can 1P run desktop apps (executable files)?

Options

I recently moved from LastPass to 1Password and I cannot find how to run and fill exe apps, which is something that it was possible to do with the LastPass for Applications (recently deprecated).

I saw that there was the 1P CL tool, and I thought, "Great! That should be able to do it." As far as I can tell however, there is nothing in the documentation that allows you to do that.

Is this possible to do at all with 1P, and if not, is that a feature that is ever going to be added?
(and I already know about this, which is not what I mean)

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:run exe

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ABCNCRR,

Auto-Type, the feature that would allow you to fill your credentials in other Windows apps (where you have sign in forms), is not available in 1Password for Windows right now, but we are looking at ways to bring it back. However, it sounds like you want to launch applications from 1Password, not only fill your credentials using it.

It is not possible to do such thing using 1Password right now and I am not able to disclose our future plans. What I can do is to pass your suggestion to our team for further consideration and I will do that. Thank you for this feedback! :+1:

If you have other questions about 1Password now, please let me know.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.