1password7 licence deploying via sccm

Hi , I can get 1password7 in Software Centre via SCCM but is there a way to get the licence to apply also before installation ? Does 1password7 look at a particular directory to get the licence?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Applying 1password7 licence via sccm

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jono76uk,

A standalone license for 1Password 7 for Windows is stored in Credential Manager on Windows after you download it from your license email and apply it to the app.

Could you please provide more information about the situation you are in? Are you trying to apply the same license to 1Password on several computers of yours?

Any info you can share will be helpful. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• jono76uk
    jono76uk
    Community Member

Hi sure , currently we have 1password4 on our windows machines , we have a 1password7 licence now and the software so wish to deploy this easily to all users.

However , I understand that the 1password4 licence does not work with the 1password7 application so we need to find a way to deploy the licence and the software seamlessly.

Hope this makes sense.

Jon

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jono76uk,

Your understanding is correct: 1Password 7 for Windows is a paid upgrade for the owners of 1Password 4 and it uses license files, instead of license keys.

It sounds like you have an enterprise/team license for 1Password 4 for Windows and want to deploy the new version of 1Password 7 across your company, is this correct? I am asking you this because we no longer have team licenses for 1Password 7 for Windows, so the license for each seat is sold separately. This might be not very convenient, so if you are interested in using 1Password in your company, I would recommend you to take a closer look at 1Password Teams and 1Password Business.

1Password Teams and 1Password Business are designed for teams and have a lot of benefits, comparing to standalone licenses and local vaults. Moreover, you won't have to deal with licenses. :)

If you are interested, please send us a message to support@1password.com and we will be happy to guide you through the setup and migration process.

If, for some reason, 1Password Teams and 1Password Business do not suit you needs, please do send a message still and we will see what we can do for you.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this situation is dealt with quickly.

Thanks in advance! :+1:

++
    Greg

• jono76uk
    jono76uk
    Community Member

We already have the licence for 1password7 though but havent deployed it yet....

• jono76uk
    jono76uk
    Community Member

Hey , ok so another question as we have an asset management licence , when applying to Windows where does the file reside or does it create a registry entry as in 1password4 the license in a file:

%APPDATA%\AgileBits\OPW4.license

Thanks for all the great assistance so far.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jono76uk,

Did you purchase one license for multiple computers or are you trying to deploy multiple licenses? Please clarify.

License file for 1Password 7 for Windows is stored Credentials Manager > Windows Credentials > 1Password 7 license. Here is how it looks like:

Let me know if it helps. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• jono76uk
    jono76uk
    Community Member

Hi , apologies for not following this up. Life got in the way.

So as an update , I can now have sccm push the application down along with the licence file , I am now just trying to find a command that will allow me via powershell or normal command line to apply the licence.

Thanks

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jono76uk,

License is applied automatically, when you run the license file on Windows, so the command to use a file in a command line should do. For example:

1Password.exe" --url="[full license file path]

Please give it a try and let me know how it works for you. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.