Backup local copy of 1Password vault

Options

Hello, I have a Windows 10 machine, with a local copy of the 1Password app as well as an online account. I understand that my vault is backed up somewhere and that I can log in from any machine. However, I would like to make sure I have a local backup of the vault in the event that for some reason I don't have Internet access. How do I do this?

I tried searching and found some instructions for restoring, but not for a local backup. I searched for %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\Backups and found a file dated back in March, which leads me to believe this is probably not a recent copy of my vault.

Would appreciate any guidance. Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @motbotw,

You are right, when you have 1Password account, your encrypted vaults are stored on our servers and you do not need to set up backups manually.

Moreover, when you use 1Password apps, your data in 1Password is always cached locally on your devices, so you can have access to, view and edit it without an Internet connection. Any changes you make will become available on your other devices when you next go online.c

There is no need for you to create backups manually. However, if you want to do it, you can keep a copy of your local database that is located in %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\data on your computer.

%LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\Backups stores the backups of local vaults only. This folder is not related to 1Password accounts.

Let me know if it helps and answers your question. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.